- Grad Cert Sports Physiotherapy - La Trobe Univeristy
- BAppSci (Physiotherapy) - University of Sydney
- MHSc (Exercise and Sports Science) - University of Sydney
- BHSc (Human Movement) - ACU
Erin has over 15 years of experience working in physiotherapy and exercise physiology. Following several years of work in clinical research with eminent Sydney knee surgeon, Dr Merv Cross, he then began a physio graduate role at Royal North Shore Hospital. This led to the start of work in various private practices in both Sydney and London (Covent Garden) over the following years where he gained skills treating a mix of everyday athletes and performing artists from beginners to elite level. He was also fortunate enough to be a member of the physiotherapy team at the London 2012 Olympics.
Over the years he has come to have a greater appreciation of the bodies’ interconnectivity and the importance of assessing the bodies movement patterns as a whole to help determine the true cause of a problem. He has a special interest in:
- Knee injuries
- Thorax and lower limb disorders (including pelvis, knee and ankle pain)
- Performing arts/dance injuries (including dance screening and pre-pointe assessments)
- Headaches (migraine and cervicogenic)
- Golf, Rowing and Cycling related pain and biomechanical assessments
Erin has attended numerous courses which have given him a wide range of tools to assess and treat his patients (including the thoracic ring approach with LJ Lee, muscle energy techniques of the spine and pelvis, dry needling and kinesiotaping to name a few). He is certified with the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI, Medical Level 2) for golf screenings. He has recently completed the Level 3 Sports Physiotherapy course at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) in Canberra in 2017 and is currently completing a Masters of Sports Physiotherapy through La Trobe University.
He has over 15 years of sports coverage experience in various sports including:
- Australian u/19s Mens Softball Team, 2017
- London 2012 Olympics Athletes Village Polyclinic Physiotherapist (including field of play physio for fencing and modern pentathlon)
- Five Dock Dockers Rugby League, Club Physio 2017
- National Athletics Championships 2017
- England Touch Football Association, 2012 European Championships and 2015 World Cup
- Sydney Premier AFL (Northshore Bombers) 2015-2017
- National Rugby 7s Tournament
- Shute Shield Rugby (Eastern Suburbs Colts)
- Premier League and Club Netball (Northshore United and Manly Warringah)
- Oxfam Trailwalker and various running events.