Erin has completed degrees in both Physiotherapy and Exercise Science with over 15 years of experience in these fields. After initially working at Royal North Shore Hospital, he then moved into working in private practice in both Sydney and London where he has worked with athletes, performing artists and dancers from beginners to elite level. He was also a member of the physiotherapy team at the London 2012 Olympics working in the Athletes Village Polyclinic.
Over the years working with athletes and performers he has come to have a greater appreciation of the bodies’ interconnectivity and the importance of assessing movement patterns as a whole to find the cause of a problem. His areas of interest include lower limb disorders, performing arts and dance injuries, racquet sports and golf related injuries.
Erin has attended numerous post-graduate courses which have given him a wide range of tools to assess and treat his patients (including the thoracic ring approach with LJ Lee, muscle energy techniques of the spine and pelvis, dry needling and kinesiotaping to name a few). He is certified with the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI, Medical Level 2) to do golf and SFMA screenings and is currently completing his Masters of Sports Physiotherapy through La Trobe University. He has recently completed the Level 3 Sports Physiotherapy course at the AIS in Canberra in 2017.
He has over 15 years of sports coverage experience in various sports including:
- 2012 Olympic Polyclinic and field of play physio for fencing and modern pentathlon
- Five Dock Dockers Rugby League Club 2017
- National Athletics Championships 2017
- National and International coverage of Touch Football (England Touch), 2015 World Cup
- Sydney Premier AFL (Northshore Bombers club physio) 2015-2016
- National Rugby 7s 2015
- Shute Shield Rugby (Eastern Suburbs Colts)
- Club Netball (Manly Warringah)
- Oxfam Trailwalker and various running events.